A State-of-The-Art Conference Center in a Relaxed, Rustic Setting
Located just 30 miles from Vicksburg, the Herbert Bryant Conference Center is well equipped for your presentation and meeting needs.
We combine a relaxed, rustic setting with a state-of-the-art audio visual system and Internet access to create the perfect place to host important conferences, corporate retreats, and seminars. The conference center can accommodate up to 65 guests with space for each to work. The facility and restrooms are handicap accessible.
Access to Tara Wildlife is quick and easy via Interstate 20. Jackson-Evers International Airport is a short drive away and is serviced by Delta, American Eagle, United, US Airways and Southwest Airlines. See the directions and map page.
Our Conference Center Coordinator, Mark Bowen, will guide you through the process of coordinating, scheduling, and organizing your event. From helping you to pick the rooms for your attendees, to selecting the dinner, we’ll be here to help you along the way.
Conference Center Amenities
- 5,700 square feet of indoor meeting space with 10 foot ceilings
- State-of-the-art audiovisual system including In Focus projector
- DVD and surround sound
- High-speed wireless Internet
- Casual breakout rooms
- Fax machine and copier service located at Tara office
- Conference call capabilities
- Computer for guest use
- Flip chart, easels, and markers included
- Rec area in the Conference Center
- Outdoor Field Course option available
- On-site dining and lodging
- Outdoor porch and sitting area overlooking Tara Lake
- Field course option for your attendees
- Lots of optional outdoor recreational activities
We’re here to help with your meeting or retreat.
Each group has a dedicated Tara Staff Member assigned to assist in all activities and with any issues that may arise during your event.
- Download the Conference Center Services & Pricing Sheet (PDF)
- Download the Conference Center Complex schematics (PDF)
- View a sample meeting agenda and cost per person rate.
- Read our tips on planning a successful corporate retreat.
- Conference Center Scheduling Form (PDF)
- Conference Center Reservation Agreement (PDF)
Optional Recreational Activities
- Canoeing and boat tours
- Nature trails
- Mountain biking
- Wildlife watching
- Skeet and Sporting clays
- Field Course
- Open Air Bus Tours
- Lobby TV is available for group viewings of evening sporting events or favorite TV shows.
- Billiards table in the conference center
- Live music in the evening (requires advance notice)
Photos of the Herbert Bryant Conference Center- Vicksburg, MS
Meals are cooked in our kitchen and are truly “down home southern cuisine.” Enjoy up to three meals a day provided by our cooks in our dining facility or enjoy the fresh air and sit out on a back porch. Download the Conference Center Services & Pricing Sheet (PDF) for information on food options.
Overnight facilities can accommodate up to 65 guests. Single and double occupancy rates are available. View the lodging page for more information. Download the Conference Center Services & Pricing Sheet (PDF) for information on lodging options.
Just 30 miles from Vicksburg, access to Tara is quick and easy via Interstate 20. Jackson-Evers International Airport is a short drive away and is serviced by Delta, American Eagle, United, US Airways and Southwest Airlines.
I have been bringing my entire team of 45 associates and guest to Tara Wildlife for 5 years now. When we drive up the gravel driveway and enter the gates of Tara it always amazes me how relaxed I feel and that is just the beginning. Tara is a great place to bring your associates to team build, have meetings and most importantly enjoy each other’s company. One of the things that I love most about Tara is the staff. They make it so easy to plan a meeting and make it a FUN environment for everyone. Anything we have ever asked for has been done (movie night, popcorn, crawfish boil, bus ride through the property, live auction, etc) and when we show up we are greeted by a team of staff who help us unload and set up – – really, they truly are an amazing group to work with! Thanks to Tara and all the staff for providing us a great place to bring our team – – we are looking forward to many more memories in the years ahead!
Mississippi Sales Director
We have found Tara to be a great place to hold meetings and training events! The peaceful location is beautiful and the meeting facilities are just what we need. Tara is a haven for those who love the outdoors, like to do a little fishing, admire the décor from a hunter’s point of view, enjoy gathering areas where a game of some sort is almost always on TV and retire at night to a nice, quiet room.
Thanks for all you do to accommodate us. We can’t say enough good things about Tara and the staff and how well you take care of us!
Southern Timberlands Human Resource Manager