Tara combines a relaxed, rustic setting with a state-of-the art audiovisual system and access to the Internet, making the Herbert Bryant Conference Center the perfect place to host important conferences, corporate retreats, and seminars.
Vicksburg Area Conference Center
With room to accommodate up to 65 people requiring work space, the 5,700-square-foot Herbert Bryant Conference Center is equipped for your presentation and meeting needs.
The Center’s uniquely decorated lobby is the perfect spot for evening socials and welcome gatherings. Corporate guests may use the breakout rooms, shaded decks, or outside seating for smaller gatherings or to continue discussions.
Download our checklist for corporate retreats (PDF)
- 5,700 square feet of indoor meeting space
- Casual breakout rooms
- State-of-the-art audiovisual system including In Focus projector
- DVD and surround sound
- High-speed wireless Internet
- Fax machine and copier service located at Tara office
- Conference call capabilities
- Computer for guest use
- On-site dining and lodging
- Flip chart, easels, and markers included
- Rec area in the Conference Center
- Outdoor Field Course (Challenge Course) option available
- Outdoor porch and sitting area overlooking Tara Lake
- Lots of optional outdoor recreational activities
We’re here to help with corporate retreat
Each group has a dedicated Tara Staff Member assigned to assist in all activities and with any issues that may arise during your event.
- Download the Conference Center Services & Pricing Sheet (PDF)
- Download the Conference Center Complex schematics (PDF)
- View a sample meeting agenda and cost per person rate.
- Read our tips on planning a successful corporate retreat.
- Conference Center Scheduling Form (PDF)
- Conference Center Reservation Agreement (PDF)
Meals are cooked in our kitchen and are truly “down home southern cuisine.” Enjoy up to three meals a day provided by our cooks in our dining facility or enjoy the fresh air and sit out on a back porch. Download the Conference Center Services & Pricing Sheet (PDF) for information on food options.
Overnight facilities can accommodate up to 65 guests. Single and double occupancy rates are available. View the lodging page for more information. Download the Conference Center Services & Pricing Sheet(PDF) for information on lodging options.
Just 30 miles from Vicksburg, access to Tara is quick and easy via Interstate 20. Jackson-Evers International Airport is a short drive away and is serviced by Delta, American Eagle, United, US Airways and Southwest Airlines.
Recreational Activities Available
At break time and evenings, guests can hike nearby paths and nature trails, stroll covered walkways, fish from a footbridge crossing a nearby pond, or perhaps just relax under a shade tree and listen to the southern breeze sliding through towering oaks. For those with a little more time or an adventurous spirit, there are a variety of outdoor recreational activities available. Group pricing is available upon request.
- Nature Walks
- Mountain Biking
- Wildlife Watching
- Skeet and Sporting Clays
- Open Air Bus Tours
- Field Course
In addition, there are a lot of attractions nearby that you may wish to visit.
Everyone really enjoyed the retreat! They said form the facilities to the food, everything was great and loved the Challenge Course.– Anna Jones, Riverwalk Casino Managers’ Retreat
Great meeting. Thank you and your team FOR AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE!-Cas Fitzpatrick, Humana – Louisiana District