Due to the construction activities at Tara Wildlife in August of 2017, there will be no Mississippi River Nature Weekend this year. We hope to see you next year! To get all the news about upcoming events, please sign up for our newsletter.
Tara’s Mississippi River Nature Weekend is an exciting family festival for the outdoor adventurist, both young and seasoned. The festival is highlighted by nature’s Wading Bird Migration in the Mississippi Flyway. Purchase a day pass for Saturday only or stay with us all weekend. Weekend packages include lodging, food, and activities (see below).
Weekend Activities Include
- mountain biking
- kids’ kite flying contest
- live music
- open-air bus birding tours
- canoeing on the Mississippi River with Quapaw Canoe Company
- birding tours
- wildlife management seminar
- and more!
Whether you’re enjoying Tara’s new Self-Guided Nature Trails by foot or pedal, there’s always an outdoor adventure that awaits you. Relax around the Tara Lodge or enjoy Guided Birding Tours led by outdoor enthusiast as they interpret nature’s sights and sounds.
For mountain biking enthusiast, Tara’s numerous trails are perfect for relaxed biking adventures through the woodlands, to the river and beyond. Bring your own bike and explore the backwoods of Tara.
Reserve your spot with Quapaw Canoe Company for canoeing on the Mississippi River. The canoe excursions will go out to Willow island where you can explore and swim some. Trips will take about 2 to 3 hours.
Saturday evening we stir up the night sounds with Live Music under the Stars with Lowland Wastrels. Enjoy food and fellowship as the Mississippi River Nature Weekend provides opportunities to see and experience Tara’s home in the Mississippi Delta.
Contact us at 601-279-4261 to make reservations or with any questions.
Stay the Weekend: Stork and Cork Package
Our “Stork and Cork” Package includes a Friday night reception, lodging, fine dining, nature seminars, canoe trip with Quapaw Canoe Company, music provided by Lowland Wastrels, and sunset birding excursions.
- $266.00 Double Occupancy (per person rate) (+7% Sales Tax)
- $326.00 Single Occupancy (+7% Sales Tax)
- Includes canoeing on the Mississippi River with Quapaw Canoe Company
- Register for the event
Single Night Lodging Only
If you’d rather not stay the whole weekend, but you would like one night’s lodging, we are happy to accommodate you.
- $148 Single Occupancy (+7% Sales Tax)
- $118 Double Occupancy (per person rate) (+7% Sales Tax)
- $25 for additional children (+7% Sales Tax)
- Includes meals (evening and breakfast) and social
- Does not include Quapaw Canoe Company River Excursions. Sold separately
- Register for the event
Saturday: Day Visitor Pass
Don’t want to stay overnight? Come for just the day!
- A Day Visitor Pass for Saturday is only $20/person. (+7% Sales Tax)
- Meals: Breakfast $12 Lunch $15 Dinner $18.00 Children 12 and under $ 7.50. Please call ahead to reserve a meal. (+7% Sales Tax)
- Saturday activities include open air bus tours, nature seminars, vendors, and exploring the nature trails.
- Reserve a spot on the Quapaw Canoe Company Mississippi River Excursion for $40 a person. Limited slots are available for the canoe trip and they must be reserved in advance. (+7% Sales Tax)
- View the Schedule of Activities.