August 2018 TBD
5K OFF-ROAD TRAIL RUN — FAMILY FRIENDLY EVENT
LOCATION: Tara Wildlife, Eagle Lake in Vicksburg, MS
Registration/orientation begins at 6 a.m. and the race starts at 8 a.m. (Staggered starts for all runners – individuals first followed by families).
Event to Benefit the Mississippi National Guard Family Program.
Donations payable to: Purvis Grange Foundation ~ DBA Tara Wildlife ~ 100 % Tax Deductible
Competition Categories: Awards presented to category winners. (Event participants 9 and under must be accompanied by an adult)
- Family Teams 10 and under (Registration fee $30 to $50 plus $15 for additional family members. Additional children 9 and under are free)
- Unlimited family members can participate.
- Children aged 9 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Kids aged 10 and over may compete as an individual.
- Event Staff will register times of Individual Participants Only.
- Individuals Participant Categories (Registration fee $20 to $30)
- Ages 10 -14
- Ages 15- 17
- Ages 18 – 49
- Ages 50 and Up
The Tomahawk Tromp Stations
The race includes several stations where participants must complete an activity before moving on. All supplies are provided for each station. Tara Tomahawk Tromp Course Includes Stations of:
- .22 Rifle
- Sling Shot
- Spear Chunking
- Water Hazards
- Bear Crawls
- Knife & Tomahawk Throwing
- Rope Obstacles
- Cross-Country Running/Walking
- Short Swim
Successful scoring of shooting and throwing stations participants receive a 1 minute time deduction from overall score time.
Come stay with us Friday night at Tara Lodge! Pricing includes lodging, evening meal and breakfast. Single occupancy is $149.80, double occupancy $112.35 per person. Additional children are $21.40 each.
Comments from previous participants
Just wanted to say “thanks” and let you know how much we enjoyed the Trail Run on Sat. You guys did a great job. My son and I both had a blast – very fun, unique event!!! Great family atmosphere, too!!!
Had an amazing time here today! Best 5k I have ever participated in!! Thank you so much for the great time!
We had a great time yesterday !! Everybody was so friendly and the events were well planned out.
Great event!! We will be back next year!!
Excellently organized!! Had a blast & will definitely be back!
Thanks for a really fun morning race directors and volunteers! We appreciate your hard work!