Bow Hunting for White-tailed Deer
Tara provides the South’s premier archery only hunting destination: 9,000 plus acres of Delta hardwood forest and intermingled agriculture lands along the Mississippi River. Tara’s habitat combined with sensible harvest criteria produces numerous Pope and Young Class bucks annually.
- An outstanding record of hunter success!
- The ultimate bowhunting destination for serious archers from throughout the United States and many foreign countries.
- More than 9,000 acres of hardwood forests and intermingled agricultural lands located along the Mississippi river are designated for bow hunting only.
- Over 300 Pope & Young Class (gross scores) white-tailed deer bucks have been harvested from Tara properties over the last five seasons.
- Bucks weighing over 200 pounds are common and as high as 320 pounds have been recorded.
- One Buck per Tara’s harvest criteria and two mature does are allowed per 3-day hunt. Doe limits may vary based on Biologist recommendations.
Meals and Lodging
- Rustic lodges
- All the amenities ensure a memorable setting and quality experience for almost any type of desired activity.
- We can accommodate 16 hunters at Tara Hunt; 6 hunters at Halpino.
- Our 3 daily meals are traditional Southern favorites.
Hunting groups can enjoy a variety of recreational activities while at Tara. Pricing is available upon request and reservations must be made in advance.
- Canoeing and boat tours
- Nature Trails
- Mountain Biking
- Wildlife Watching
- Shooting Sports
- Open Air Bus Tours
In addition, there are a lot of attractions nearby that you may wish to visit.
Deer hunt reservations will be held for 10 days after verbal booking. A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking or reservations will be cancelled. The balance of payment is due July 1. Bookings made later than June 1 will have their balance due on September 1. Balances are due within 30 days for any booking made later than September 1 or reservations will be cancelled.
Mississippi residents may use their state licenses on all properties. All others must purchase a Mississippi non-resident license. A Hunter Education Certificate card is required from hunters born after Jan. 1, 1972. Purchase your hunting license on the MDWFP website.
Crossbows are allowed only for persons 65 and over or those with a disability.
MS Residents – (1) Sportsman’s License or (2) All-Game License and Archery Permit
Non-Resident – All – Game, Archery Permit and Deer Permit